There are many different types of Honda Saddle bags, with different styles and features. They can be studded or plain, buckle or with no buckle. The locking system also varies and it could either be a QDS (Quick Disconnect System), Hard mount kit, or Throw over kit.
There are also many other consideration that will arise naturally, as a result of the lifestyle you live or your personal tastes. Here are some of the things that will help you make the right decision.
This is mostly a matter of taste, and the decision will likely be in line with why you bought the motorcycle. If aesthetics influenced your decision when you bought it, you have no choice but to match the bike’s style otherwise you’ll be disappointed. The style can be categorized as either being traditional vintage style, or a more modern look, even though there are other styles in between.
- Studded bags: Most studded bags are for those who want a more aggressive vintage look. This is just a general rule that does not apply to everyone, who loves Honda motorcycles. If you decide to pick studded bags, ensure that the metal used for the studs is made of durable material such as stainless steel, gold, or chrome plated. Rust doesn’t look good on saddlebags.
- Buckle: For some Honda owners, any metal will add an unwanted shine on their motorcycles. Most of those who don’t want the extra shine include the Honda Shadow. A buckle less is preferred by many, who consider the extra shine to be undesirable.
- Custom Shock Cut: The saddlebags can be made to fit the bike’s rear and curve through the fender. This enhances the bikes look and is mainly chosen for its aesthetics.
- Leather: To most people, leather looks better than other saddlebags made from Fiberglass. However, fiberglass is sometimes considered to be a better option, because it is waterproof. This is also determined by what your needs are and how you use your bike.
How much luggage will you be carrying often? Are you going on a long trip? Or do you often need it to go for errands? These are just some of the important questions; you need to ask yourself before you buy a saddlebag.
This is important for security and depends on the places you often frequent. A locking system is important, if you go for errands frequently and you have to leave the bags and the bike parked in a place with questionable security.
Mounting Onto the Bike
You may choose to have the bags locked in permanently onto the bike. This can be good for security purposes. It all depends on what your needs are.
For Honda bags, there are 3 main ways to mount them on the motorcycle.
- Quick Disconnect System: This is important, if you need to remove the bag and take it indoors often. If you constantly need to remove the luggage for security reasons, then this is the best choice for you.
- Throw Over: This is an option that has always been common and is easy to mount and remove. It may take more time to un-mount compared to QDS, but it is certainly a good option for someone looking for a saddlebag to use for a short period of time.
- Permanent Mount: This Locks the bag permanently onto the bike. It is not easy to detach, therefore it is not going to be stolen easily.
The type of Honda Saddlebags you choose will ultimately be determined by personal tastes and how you use your bike. Once you determine this, it will be easy to choose one with some of the tips given here.
Motorcycle bags are the most helpful accessory for a biker. A carefree ride without worrying about the luggage security is the best thing that can happen to a rider. Next gratification comes from the empty highways. Speed, fun, and excitement outline your enthusiasm. However, the thrill comes with some inherent spoilers, like injuries, luggage spilling, weather issues, machine failure, etc. The trick here is to be particular about some things like choosing the right motorcycle bags to keep your journey largely smooth. Here are a few tips.
- Wear a Proper Helmet: When you are talking about safety, you are talking of an ‘effective’ helmet. Forget your wallet while purchasing and go for a high quality one for extra protection. Check the fastener and the fittings. The tighter the helmet, the better it is. Half helmets might look cool but are less protective. Ideally, go for a full face or modular ones. Check the vision through the glass after wearing it, before you pay the final bucks.
- Buy Motorcycle Bags: Purchase suitable motorcycle bags that can fit everything you need during the ride, like food, gadgets, clothes, etc. Saddlebags are good options and so are the tank bags, which you can directly put on the top of the fuel tank. You may also go for the tail bags for bigger storage space. While hard bags are sturdy, they are usually permanently mounted. You can use soft leather bags as throw over or mount them permanently.
- Get your Bike Serviced Well: Before your journey, get your motorbike serviced in an authorized service center. Check thoroughly the brakes, accelerators, clutch, suspension, tires, etc. Fill up your fuel tank fully and ensure you have all the tools you will need.
- Do Some Shopping: Buy ‘quality’ jackets, riding boots, riding gloves, knee guards, etc. Definitely check for the CE approval of the safety wear and the comfortable clothes like T-shirts or cotton full sleeve formals. You may also buy motorcycle vest armors for that extra protection during the ride.
- Keep the Basics in Mind: Always keep basics of riding motorcycles in mind and Do not overstuff your motorcycle bags. Keep the speed within limits. Take regular breaks during the ride to keep your focus while driving. Eat and drink properly. Set out early to reach the destination preferably before the dusk. Of course, alcohol is a big no-no during the journey. Keep your helmet and armors on when it’s a speedy or a bumpy ride. Make sure the weight of your motorcycle bags balance right.
Leather saddlebags are must have accessory for a biker, especially a passionate one mostly traveling on different roads and terrains. Because of the daily wear & tear, the motorcycle bags require regular care. Like intense care! So, breathe new life into your leather saddlebags with the below given 4-steps regime:
Step 1- Clean:
Objective: Prevent dirt accumulation
Clean your leather saddlebags frequently. Use a high quality leather cleaning solution like Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner for your saddlebags. A low quality solution can damage the leather color, so avoid them. With the help of a clean cloth/wipe apply the solution on the bags and clean. You may need to use water for diluting a highly concentrated solution. Clean the bags in a ventilated area, since the cleaning solutions have strong chemicals, which you should not inhale.
Step 2- Conditioning
Objective: Moisturizing the leather to prevent its dryness & cracking and to retain the leather color
You can condition occasionally if you do not ride much. However, the hardcore bikers need to condition their bags frequently. First, dry your bags properly. Now, apply a thin coat of buffalo butter or leather conditioner on the external surface of your motorcycle bags. Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, Conolly Hide Care, Leatherique, and 303 Aerospace Protectant are some reputed leather conditioners. Many people apply oil, especially mink oil as conditioner. This clogs the leather pores and dries them over time. So, avoid oil.
Step 3- Polishing:
Objective: Making it all shine
While polishing, be careful not to clog the pores of your leather saddlebags. Too much of polishing or polishing in an uneven pattern can clog the leather pores. This damage cannot be undone and the clogged leather dries out over time. Kiwi Boot Polish is good for polishing your bags.
Step 4- Moisture Protection:
Objective: Protect against moisture damage
Since, leather saddlebags usually are not 100% waterproof. Now, while dryness is not a good thing for leather health, water is equally damaging. Therefore, provide moisture protection to the bags with the help of water repellant or desiccant. Dry Cargo Pak is an effective desiccant brand.
Wipes: With so much cleaning, conditioning, and polishing involved for your leather saddlebags, it’s a good idea to keep enough packs of some high quality wipes. Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes and Gold Class Protectant Wipes are easy to store safely and are known over the years for spotlessly cleaning the leather saddlebags.
There are available different kinds of motorcycle luggage in the market with variety of features. A rider should choose a type of motorcycle luggage that could not only fulfill the luggage carrying requirement of the rider but also enhance the appearance of the motorcycle.
There are available different kinds of Saddle bags motorcycle can have. These saddle bags are made for using with different motorcycles like Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda etc. Both the hard and leather made saddlebags are provided with variety of following features:
From Appearance Perspective:
Below are given some of the features of Saddlebags from Appearance point of View:
1) Hard Saddlebags Available in Many Colors:
The hard saddlebags made of fiber glass can be found in a matching color with your motorcycle. These saddlebags can also be given color of your choice by painting them. These bags thus enable you to have an integrated appearance of your motorcycle and the motorcycle luggage as the same colored saddlebags seem to be a part of the motorcycle.
2) Leather Bags having Decorated Exterior:
The leather saddlebags are made available in beautiful exterior decorated with stain less steel studs and buckles. These decorated leather bags give your motorcycle a classic as well as stylish appearance. You can also have simple saddlebags for having prominent appearance of your motorcycle. Leather made Softail saddlebags go very well with all Softail motorcycles.
3) A Pair of Saddlebags Giving the Motorcycle A Balanced Appearance:
As is understood from the name of these bags, these bags are attached with the both saddles of a motorcycle; these bags in pair give a balanced appearance to the motorcycle than any other kind of motorcycle Luggage.
From Security Perspective:
Below are given some features of saddlebags from Security Perspective:
1) Locking Mechanism Preventing Unauthorized Access:
These viking bags are provide with locking system that enables the rider to carry precious belongings also. You can also keep the luggage safe from unauthorized access using these lockable saddlebags.
2) Strong Exterior Keep the Luggage Safe:
The robust exterior of hard bags and the inner strong frame of leather saddlebags prove these saddlebags a secure means of carrying all types of belongings of the rider.
3) Capable to Carry Delicate Belongings Also:
These saddlebags are very favorable for carrying delicate and fragile belongings also because the inner soft covering and the separate compartments keep the luggage in safe custody. Separate compartments and external small pockets of the leather saddlebags also enable the rider to keep small sized belongings in them.
From above mentioned perspective saddlebags are considered as a stylish and secure means of carrying luggage along with a motorcycle. To learn more about leather made saddlebags click here.
Honda motorcycles are famous for their beautiful looks and have their countless fans all around the world. These motorcycles are available in variety of models among which one is Honda VTX motorcycle. The silver colored vtx motorcycle is a glamorous and stylish means of traveling. If you want to carry some sort of luggage with your vtx then there are available different kinds of motorcycle bags for your motorcycle. The most suitable motorcycle bags for your vtx are Honda VTX motorcycle saddlebags. These bags are provided in beautiful colors. Following features of these motorcycles bags prove these the most spacious and protective motorcycle luggage:
1) The Two Functional Types of VTX Saddlebags:
Honda VTX bags are provided in two most functional types. Both the hard Honda Saddlebags and the Honda leather bags provide maximum security to the luggage. Rain pads of leather bags and the water proof hard bags enable the rider to carry luggage during traveling in rainy conditions. Furthermore the hard viking saddle bags are made air tight enabling them to carry all types of eatables also.
2) Provide Maximum Space for Carrying Luggage:
As these bags are used in pair so you can carry maximum amount of luggage using these two saddlebags. No other motorcycle luggage is used in pair like these saddlebags thus providing maximum space to the rider. The inner compartments of the hard saddlebags also help in carrying different kinds of belongings. The leather bags have external pockets which can be used to carry small belongings of the rider thus enabling the rider to have organized luggage management.
3) Enable the Rider to have Continuous Ride:
These Honda bags provide the rider with the facility to have a continuous ride as these bags do not get detached from the motorcycle during the ride, if are attached through fixed mounting method. Both the Hard saddlebags and leather made bags can be attached with the motorcycle through bolts which provide strong attachment of these bags with the motorcycle.
4) Can be Given a New Look as Compared to other Motorcycle Luggage:
Honda Saddlebags made of fiber glass can be given a customized new look on the choice of the rider or you can also find a pair of these hard bags matching with the color of your motorcycle. These Honda bags are considered as a stylish addition to the appearance of your Honda vtx motorcycle.
It depends on the choice of the rider that what kind of Honda saddle bags he/she wants to use to carry luggage along with the motorcycle. To learn more about these bags, click here.
Honda automobiles are widely used in all over the world. Honda motorcycles are also famous for using them for routine traveling. Honda Rebel motorcycle is on the top of the list of Honda motorcycles. When it comes to the luggage carriage need of the rider, there we have a huge list of motorcycle luggage. Honda Rebel Saddlebags are considered the most functional motorcycle luggage bags because of their countless positive features. These bags are capable to be used in all weather conditions. Following are given some features of Honda Rebel bags which make these bags the most suitable motorcycle luggage to be used with a Honda Rebel motorcycle:
1) Prove to be Most Spacious than Other Motorcycle Bags:
These motorcycle bags are used in pairs with a motorcycle thus enabling the rider to carry maximum amount of luggage along with these motorcycle bags. These motorcycle bags are thus proved to be the most spacious bags than other kinds of motorcycle bags. This is the unique feature of these bags which is not present in other motorcycle bags.
2) Enable the Rider to have a Smooth Ride:
These motorcycle bags enable the rider to have a smooth ride. Honda Rebel bags attached under fixed mounting method reduce the chances of detachment of these bags during traveling at fast speeds. You can also make sure to have an uninterrupted by properly fastening the throw over leather brackets of your leather made Honda bags.
3) Capable to Carry Luggage in All Weather Conditions:
Both the leather and hard saddlebags enable the rider to carry all kinds of luggage in all weather conditions. Hard saddlebags are made water proof and air tight which makes the rider to carry belongings by traveling even in rainy weather. The those leather saddlebags which seem to be less functional in severe weather conditions are also provided with rain liners to keep the luggage safe from getting wet from rain. You can also carry all kinds of eatables using these saddlebags.
4) Provided in Outstanding Looks:
These saddlebags are provided in beautiful looks further enhancing the appearance of your motorcycle. The leather made saddlebags have stylish looking studs and buckles on the exterior. No doubt a Honda Rebel motorcycle already has beautiful appearance, but installing these outstanding saddlebags on this motorcycle gives it an eye catching appearance.
Thus these viking saddle bags can be used not only for carrying large amounts of luggage but also for giving your motorcycle a beautiful appearance. You just have to make a selection for the right kind of these saddlebags regarding the appearance and shapes.
Owning a Kawasaki motorcycle enables the biker to have all types of rides including adventurous, long distant and short duration rides. Whichever type of ride you might have, sometimes it becomes crucial to carry some of your belongings along with your Kawasaki motorcycle. You can find motorcycle luggage of all kinds for your Kawasaki motorcycle. However it depends on the amount and kind of luggage which you want to carry along with the motorcycle. For carrying medium sized belongings along with the motorcycle, Kawasaki Saddlebags are the perfect motorcycle luggage. These bags are made in variety of shapes and designs. Below are given features of these bags with respect to different perspectives:
1) Security Perspective:
- These motorcycle saddlebags made of leather and fiber glass enable the rider to have a secure carriage of the luggage. The inner soft covering of the hard saddlebags enable you to carry delicate belongings also like electronic goods, mobile phones and other things.
- These motorcycle bags have air tight, water proof exterior making these bags favorable to be used in all weather conditions. The carried eatables will not get sagged in these air tight saddlebags even during rain.
- Capability to be locked is most attractive feature of these highly secure Kawasaki Bags. You can keep your precious belongings safe in these lockable saddlebags.
2) Aesthetic Perspective:
- Both the hard and leather saddlebags are provided in beautiful exterior. The leather made bags have either simple exterior or are decorated with rust free buckles, studs and leather laces. These leather bags give the motorcycle a classic look.
- The hard bags enable the rider to have a customized look of his/her motorcycle. The hard motorcycle saddlebags can be painted in any color on the choice of the rider.
3) Convenience Perspective:
- A rider can have a convenient ride having these saddlebags attached with the motorcycle. These saddlebags attached under throw over mounting enable the rider to easily attach and detach them from the motorcycle.
- If you want to have an uninterrupted and smooth traveling, these motorcycle bags are attached using fixed mounting method. Bolts are used under fixed mounting method for installing the saddlebags thus ensuring the strong attachment of these bags with the motorcycle.
The above mentioned features of Kawasaki Saddlebags prove these vikingbags a secure means for carrying luggage of the rider in all kinds of weather conditions.
Indian motorcycles are very useful to be used for long distant rides. When you go for a ride on your motorcycle, you would certainly adopt for security measures. You should be vigilant about the security of your luggage to the same extent to which you worry about securing your body from getting insured. There are available Indian Saddlebags which can be used with Indian motorcycles. These bags are made available in all kinds providing maximum security to the luggage. You can get any of the two types of Indian saddlebags for your motorcycle. Below are given some characteristics of these saddlebags:
1) The Two Useful Types:
The two types of Indian Saddlebags; leather saddlebags and Hard Saddlebags, are very useful to carry all kinds of motorcycle luggage. Both these bags are available in cubic and slanted shapes. Leather bags give your motorcycle a classic look and the hard saddlebags made of fiber glass give your motorcycle a robust and stylish appearance.
2) Organized Luggage Management:
The hard saddlebags have inner separate compartments assisting you to keep different kinds of belongings in safe custody. The leather made motorcycle bags have outer pockets which can be used to keep small sized belongings like mobile phones, note pads and other small sized belongings.
3) Lockable Saddlebags:
These saddlebags ensure the security of the carried belongings as these bags are lockable. Thus you can keep all kind of precious belongings in these saddlebags. You can move away from your motorcycle without getting worried about the security of your luggage because of the locked saddlebags.
4) Can be Installed Easily:
These leather made lockable motorcycle saddlebags can be installed very easily using throw over mounting method. This mounting method helps you to easily attach and detach these saddlebags from your motorcycle. The leather bags are installed using throw over mounting leather brackets under this throw over method.
5) Can Also be Fixedly Attached:
Both the Hard and leather saddlebags can be installed through fixed mounting method also. Under this mounting method the saddlebags are attached with the motorcycle strongly using bolts. These fixed bags are very useful to be used for long distant traveling enabling the rider to have a secure carriage of the belongings.
6) Capable to be Maintained Easily:
These bags can be maintained very easily. Leather conditioners and cleaners can be used to keep the leather bags new for longer periods of time. The hard vikingbags can also be renovated easily by painting them in any of your favorite color.
Do you use your Honda VTX for long distance rides? If yes then this motorcycle would have certainly introduced you with something new and adventurous. VTX motorcycles no doubt make traveling memorable but still one might need something extra to increase the convenience level during ride. A rider may need some motorcycle luggage to carry some of the important belongings which might otherwise be impossible without using proper motorcycle luggage. A Honda motorcycle rider can have following benefits by having Honda VTX Bags installed on the motorcycle.
1) Carry Luggage in Safe Custody:
Get rid of the worry to have a secure carriage of your belonging by having a pair of these Honda bags. These bags come in locking mechanism enabling the rider to keep the luggage in safe custody. Moreover these have protective inner coverings which keep your delicate belongings too safe from getting scratches from the walls of hard bags.
2) Long Life of VTX Saddlebags:
By maintaining Honda Saddlebag you can increase the life of these bags thus enabling you to use these bags for long periods of time. There is available a wide variety of products which can be used to keep the leather bags new for longer periods. Polishing the leather increases its life and also retains the moisture of VTX leather bags. One can also keep the hard bags new by renovating them whenever required.
3) Quick Installation Saves Time:
You can easily install these bags on the motorcycle using throw over mounting method. In throw over mounting, disconnect brackets are used for mounting hard saddlebags made of fiber glass and separate throw over leather brackets are used with the leather made Honda bags. Hence this quick installation method saves the time as well as effort of the rider.
4) Enhance the Appearance of Motorcycle:
Latest Honda VTX Saddlebags are available in beautiful exterior. Commonly used shapes of these bags are slanted and cubic. The leather bags are provided with decorated exterior having stain less steel buckles and studs on them. The Hard bags with built-in red turning lights give the motorcycle a stylish appearance from the backside of the motorcycle.
5) Customizable Hard Harley VTX Bags
The hard Honda bags enable the rider to have a customized look by the choice of the rider. The hard bags have smooth robust surface capable to be painted in any color. Thus a rider can change overall look of his/her motorcycle along with these viking bags.
Have you ever made a ride on a Honda Rebel motorcycle? What an awesome experience it is having a Honda Rebel for adventurous tours with your friends. This motorcycle will fulfill all your dreams to become as fast and furious rider however you might need to carry some kind of belongings along with you on the ride. Motorcycling is somewhat risky activity in which rider may face a sudden unpleasant situation. Therefore to make sure the safe carriage of luggage during the ride, a right kind of motorcycle luggage should be selected, offering both convenience and security. The most appropriate kind of motorcycle luggage for your Honda Rebel is Honda Rebel Saddlebags. These bags are made both stylish and secure and are very convenient to have a smooth ride. Following are some of the reasons which prove these saddlebags the most suitable choice for the rider:
1) Enhance the Appearance of Motorcycle:
These motorcycle bags are available in variety of beautiful shapes and designs. You can have matching color saddlebags giving an overall beautiful appearance of your motorcycle. As these bags are used in pair so this feature gives your motorcycle a balanced look. You can also use these saddlebags to have a bulky and robust appearance of your motorcycle.
2) The Most Functional Two Types:
These Honda bags are available in two types made of different materials i.e. hard saddlebags made of fiber glass and leather bags made of leather. Both these kinds of saddlebags provide the rider with the required level of security and space. The only difference is of the appearance of these two bags; the hard bags give a robust appearance to the motorcycle having different types of exterior covering like leather and fiber glass. Hard bags give a glamorous looks to the motorcycle. The leather made bags are available in both decorated and simple leather exterior thus enabling the rider to have a classic look of his/her motorcycle.
3) Provide the Required Level of Security:
Both the hard and leather Honda rebel bags are made with tough material giving security to the luggage of the rider. These bags enable the rider to carry any kind of belongings including the delicate ones also. These Honda bags are provided with lockable facility that keeps the luggage safe from unauthorized access.
Above mentioned are the main reasons for having a pair of Honda Rebel Saddlebags. These bags are very easy to maintain; leather bags can be cleaned by using leather cleaners while the hard bags can be given a customized look by painting them on the choice of the rider. However consider about the quality of your viking saddle bags for having them functional for long.